Life is definitely better when you have a pet - and The Sims 3 Pets game is no exception
The newly released The Sims 3 Pets (October 18, 2011) for the PC & Mac is a “Must Buy” from the reviewers in our household. My kids are huge SIMS fans and this latest release of The Sims 3 Pets does not disappoint. Spring boarding from the phenomenal success of The Sims 3 where it was the #1 best selling PC title for 2009 (The Sims 3 sold over 10 million copies worldwide) this game looks like it will do the same.
The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack adds a fully loaded level of excitement and creativity to the game. All of my kids thought this was a huge step up from Sims 2 Pets. For instance for the first time ever players are able to take full control over their pet and determine how their life will play out. From the fundamental capability of creating their pet’s characteristics to the new features of giving each pet a distinct personality, the sky is the limit. New features include:
- Full control: Players now have the ability to fully control their pet by giving them distinct traits and capabilities such as hunting, climbing, digging and more.
- Personality traits: As their creator you will now be able to give each pet a distinct personality. Each pet is truly unique not only in looks but in behavior.
- Breeds: The Sims 3 Pets now allows you to adopt specific breeds and cats and dogs.
- Bring your pet: Now you can bring your pet to the park or library, just be sure to bring the leash!
- Not just cats and dogs: Exclusive to the PC/Mac platform is the ability to adopt horses as well as cats, dogs, birds, lizards, rodents and snakes.
- The game is a big step up from The Sims 2 Pets game.
- There’s much more that the player can do including the variety of animals (dog, cat, horse) and the list of breeds you can choose from.
- Customization of each animal is also a fun feature to make them look and act however you want.
- Controls are easy to understand. If you are a long time Sims player, they are the same as making a human in Sims.
- My kids love how you can control each animal and they socialize with each other as well as their owner.
- You can search for the mythical unicorn - but watch out if you find one!
- Your pet can help you solve mysteries that occur in town. Get extra rewards for capturing ghosts!
- Feel like a wizard when you can transmogrify your pet into another animal, even into a genius animal!
- Search for hidden treasures in the dinosaur graveyard.
The array of skills and traits you can give you pets is pure, total fun. You can even clone your pet, enable your pet to be reborn to their first day of adulthood, hygienically groom your pet and provide an endless supply of kibble. You will soon feel like you are viewing life from the eyes of your pet and explore the area surrounding your environment.
Check out the video preview:
Operating System: PC & Mac
Rating/Pricing: T for Teen; MSRP $39.99