Do you have a favorite non-profit organization that you work with? Could they benefit from the use of a vehicle to get things done for the organization? If so, check out this amazing philanthropic opportunity at Toyota USA. They are giving away 100 cars in their second year of the campaign called "100 Cars for Good." The application can be found at http://on.fb.me/100CarsForGood.
Here’s what nonprofits need to know about applying for the 2012 100 Cars for Good Program:Over the last 20 years, Toyota has contributed more than half a billion dollars to nonprofits throughout the U.S.. 100 Cars for Good allows the automaker to build on that commitment in important, new ways by making the public an integral part of these efforts and harnessing the power of social media to expand awareness and galvanize support for organizations that are having such a tremendous impact in neighborhoods nationwide.
The 100 Cars for Good application process will last until March 26th at noon PT, or until 5,000 completed applications are received (whichever comes first). Of these, 500 finalists will be selected and then certified by an independent panel of judges who are experts in the fields of philanthropy and social responsibility. Each finalist can then submit a video that will be featured on the Toyota 100 Cars site explaining how a new vehicle would help support its work. In addition, Toyota will be providing each of the finalists with communications and social media tools and training to assist their efforts to raise awareness for their organization.
Public voting will begin in May, with the exact date to be announced later, and will continue for 100 consecutive days. Each day, five organizations will be profiled at and participants may vote for the charity they feel is most deserving of a vehicle. The four runners up every day will each be awarded a $1,000 grant from Toyota.
- Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and non-profit Native American or Alaskan tribes with sovereignty can apply online at www.100carsforgood.com beginning on Monday, March 12. This address will link to the 100 Cars for Good Facebook page.
- 100 Cars for Good applications will be open for two weeks (until Monday, March 26 at 11:59 am PST]), or until 5,000 applications are received. From this group, 500 finalists will be selected and certified by an independent panel of experts. Finalists will be notified in April.
- Each finalist will then submit a short video and explanation on how a new vehicle would help further its work. Both will be featured on the 100 Cars for Good site.
- Public voting on the finalists will begin on Monday, May 14 at www.100carsforgood.com with five organizations up for consideration each day for 100 consecutive days.
- The four runners up each day will each receive a $1,000 grant from Toyota.
- Toyota will provide every finalist with a digital video camera, training toolkit and free online advertising credits to help them create or expand their presence in social media and other digital platforms.
- Finalists will be eligible for one of six Toyota models, including the Camry Hybrid, Highlander SUV, Prius v hybrid, Sienna minivan, Sienna Mobility or Tundra full-sized pickup.
- A six-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty will also be provided for each vehicle, compliments of Toyota Financial Services.
- Toyota is ending the contest on March 26 at Noon PST or when 5000 applications are received, whichever comes first!
If you have a Twitter account Share this on Twitter: Click on the tweet below to easily share with your Twitter followers.Would your favorite charity benefit from the use of a new car? Check out @Toyota’s #100Cars for details. http://on.fb.me/100CarsForGood
Share on Facebook: Click on the link below to easily share with your Facebook friends.